Friday, March 19, 2010

It"s a Girl!



The phone started ringing about 10:00 Thursday night (March 18). I was throwing the last load of the laundry in the washer, so I just let the phone ring. I thought it was my friend calling and was just going to call her when I was done. The next thing I know the answering machine is picking up, and our adoption agency is leaving a message. They are emailing us a child's file to review and will call us in the morning. Surprise!!! That is the last thing I was expecting. Suddenly I'm not very tired any more! And guess what happened to the clothes in the washer? Yep! Those had to be rewashed Friday afternoon when I discovered them still wet sitting in the washing machine. Needless to say, I spent the next few hours glued to my laptop staring at the sweetest little face while I researched anything and everything I could find about from her file. I already knew this was our daughter.

Did I mention that Jason came downstairs and asked me who had called. I showed him the picture and told him what I knew so far. Then he went to bed!! TO BED!!! How in the world can he sleep now?! He did remind me that HE had to WORK 14 hours tomorrow. Good grief!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you and Jason. You will make great parents. Can't wait for Jadalyn to get here. Everything's finally coming together.

    Selena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!! She is soooo beautiful!! I can't wait to follow you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete